Friday, March 03, 2006

From a great height

This is large-scale industrial agriculture as far as the eye can see from a 757 several thousand feet above it. It's somewhere in the midwest. This kind of terrain went on for ages. After LA it's desert for an hour or two with a few mountains, then this kind of prairie until it got dark. They never put maps up on the screen so I don't know exactly where we went. I think it was north-east over Nevada then east all the way to New York. Sorry the quality's not so good - it's taken through thick aeroplane windows and I don't have the time to edit it yet.

We only saw one city from the sky and this was it. I have no idea what it was, some small mid-western city. Raych reckons Boise, Idaho.

We had a bumpy landing in New York after a snowstorm earlier in the day. The cold doesn't hit you right away. It took a couple of seconds. I really wished I had brought a jacket and some long pants. (Just kidding, Mum.)

And here's Raych looking very tired after around 30 hours of awakenitude. Jess, who helped us navigate from the airport to the Upper West Side, is left. We were up for another eight hours or so after this, drinking with Matt in a bar by Columbia University.

Jetlag has finally caught up with me today... One day soon I will work out how to align the text and images properly, but not today. The story is to be continued, and to give you a taste of what is to come (and prove we are actually in New York):

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow good photos. Rachel you look tired. I hope you are both warm. Love Sue

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home